Experiment 30 builds on Experiment 29 - unfortunately, I've had some bad luck getting the proper components for these 2 exercises. Exp 29 calls for 100 microfarad capacitors of the nonpolarized electrolytic type... ditto for 47 microfarad. I thought I'd ordered the proper BP type capacitors... apparently not.
One thing I did notice about Experiment 29 was that it calls for two 47 microfarad capacitors but they're not seen in the actual schematic on page 251. I do see in the schematic two 0.15 microfarad capacitors... I don't have those either... added to the shopping list. You'll also see a 10 microfarad NP capacitor that's not listed in the experiment's shopping list... argh.
I've called ACK supply and I believe I can get the right components this week, but I'm not driving to that part of town until Wednesday... so Exp 29 and 30 are on hold temporarily. (In the meantime, I've read over Experiment 31 and believe I can go ahead with that one while trying to get the capacitors.)
I'll also need to pick up the headphone socket seen in Figure 5-42 - this isn't on the shopping list either. Thankfully, I purchased one of those big bags of resistors so I've got those covered, including the TEA2025B chip required. Again, sorry for delays, but I'll get back to these two experiments soon.
On to Experiment 31...