Friday, March 26, 2010

Chapter 4 - Exercise 23 Part 1


I had to really squint to find my 7492 chip - the writing on this particular chip was so small I used my magnifying glass... not kidding.

I've read over the entire experiment and I understand how it's going to develop... so I started by building the first simple circuit. Don't make my mistake and wire it up with standard LEDs... I thought I had mixed in the special Kingston LEDs I ordered from Mouser with my standard LEDs...a bit of digging through the clutter after a few swapped out standard LEDs (small 3mm red that look like the Kingston LEDs) didn't work and I found a small bag with 10 3mm Kingston LEDs in it... put them in and... it worked.

I've included a video here showing it counting from 0 to 5 (binary)... I reordered the LEDs a little different than the one in the schematic so I could see them lighting up vertically.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment