Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chapter 4 - Exercise 23 Update

Someone please double-check me on this, but I hit a roadblock this week when I realized I didn't have any of the 1N4148 signal diodes specified on page 214. I went back to my shopping list but couldn't find that I'd ever ordered them... I checked all the chapters' shopping lists, but didn't find this particular diode listed. Again, this may be spelled out in glaringly obvious large letters somewhere, but I don't have them in my parts pack, so I had to order them...

... and they haven't arrived yet. I didn't want to make a special drive to ACK for these but it's looking like I'm going to have to do so if they don't arrive by tomorrow.

So, apologies for the lack of posts, but as soon as I can get my hand on these diodes, I've got the rest of the circuit already breadboarded and ready to go.

If this is an oversight on my part, please tell me where they are specified... and apologies in advance to Charles if I'm just plain losing my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Well page 103 has signal diodes listed (1N4001) but no reference to 1N4148 in a Shopping list section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1N4001 should work instead. Sorry for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete